Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Textures and Colors...The Holy Land Up Close

This will be my last post from Jerusalem, and I can't believe how fast this time has gone by. Israel and the Palestinian Territories make up a small area, but even in a year, there is so much I haven't seen. But sometimes I think my eyes can't take in any more, and I feel very full. We have been here through all the seasons of the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim year... all kinds of weather... the labyrinth of the Old City streets have become familiar, and yet I still get lost and explore new surprising corners every now and then. Still try new foods, still meet new people, still learn something (a lot of things) new every day. Click on the slideshow to see the textures and colors that have filled our sight over the past year.

Of course, I have also seen a lot that you can't capture with a digital camera; pain, anger, grief, fear, loss, laughter, patience, blessings, miracles, and prayers. I hope with my whole being that the next time I'm here, I see peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment